- Secteur d'activité : Aéronautique
- Type d'emploi :Temps plein
- Ville : Montréal
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Accounting and surrounded by a team of experienced managers, your challenge will be to manage the operational aspect of accounting. Joining our team, you will be primarily responsible for leading the billing, credit/collection, payables, accounting and treasury teams. Your responsibility will be to ensure the quality of execution of the complete accounting cycle, and that processes are carried out efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure the planning, direction, coordination and verification of activities related to general ledger maintenance, preparation of financial, tax and other reports, financial statistics and operating data.
- Participate in the month-end process and in the preparation of internal and external financial statements: supervise the work done by employees involved in this process to ensure that financial statements are free of anomalies and comply with internal and external presentation standards, take part in certain stages of the process.
- Take full responsibility for the sections of the financial statements and the chart of accounts - respond to various requests regarding the classification and presentation of certain transactions.
- Participate in cash management - prepare cash flow forecasts.
- Prepare various performance monitoring indicators for teams and business units.
- Be the contact person for external audits (year-end audit, government audits, etc.), coordinating these audits by delegating the various requests to the right people, and doing the necessary follow-up.
- Oversee the preparation of the external audit file and act as a resource person in the audit process.
- Coordinate the production of various tax reports and SR&ED credits.
- Produce various internal and external financial reports.
- Participate in the implementation of initiatives likely to generate added value and efficiency gains;
- Monitor compliance with internal controls and policies, and implement corrective measures as required.
- Participate in maintaining the internal control environment and ensure compliance with the various internal control measures.
- Ensure that inventories are properly accounted for and valued in the financial system.
- Acts as a change agent in continuous improvement initiatives.
- 3 years' experience in a similar position, or 5-10 years' experience in an accounting management position.
- Professional designation of CPA, CA or CPA, CGA, or CPA, CMA.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong ability to manage priorities: the controller will have to manage several files at once with efficiency.
- Good judgment.
- Ability to find solutions to problems.
- Analytical mindset, curiosity, willingness to learn and autonomy.
- Fluency in spoken and written French and fluency in spoken and written English.