- Secteur d'activité : Ferroviaire
- Type d'emploi : Permanent - Temps plein
- Ville : Montréal
Under the supervision of the Electrical Engineering Supervisor, the Electrical Engineer will work on the development of engineering solutions for new and existing trains. He/she is responsible for analyzing specifications, developing solutions and estimating engineering budgets in response to calls for tender. He participates in the analysis of products to be integrated on new trains. He designs block diagrams, electrical schematics, interface and power consumption plans, choice of cables, protections and interfaces with planned equipment. He also provides technical support to the systems and mechanical engineering departments as required.
- Participation in electrical and electronic requirements analyses for door systems on new passenger trains.
- Integration of door controllers with train equipment.
- Design of internal test models for the electrical part.
- Selection of technical solutions, with supporting documents.
- Evaluation of engineering costs (development time, test equipment, etc.).
- Identification of risks and opportunities.
- Preparation of technical descriptions and electrical interface diagrams.
- Monitoring the execution of projects to upgrade or refurbish existing train door systems.
- Synchronization with mechanical, software and support teams, as required.
- Participation in internal and external technical meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or equivalent recognized by the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
- A minimum of 3 years experience, more than 5 years an asset
- Proven experience in electronic circuit design; Experience in programming microcontrollers and/or CPLD/FPGA
- Experience in a bid development position and/or technical expertise in door systems is an asset
- Experience in the rail transportation industry and manufacturing is an asset