- Secteur d'activité : Plastique
- Type d'emploi : Permanent - Temps plein
- Ville : Vaudreuil-Soulanges
As the Operations Manager your main functions are to plan, coordinate, supervise and control the smooth running of site operations. This includes developing, implementing and evaluating improvements that contribute to productivity, quality, customer satisfaction and corporate culture. The Operations Manager works closely with production employees and partners with all other departments in the organization.
Operational management :
- Act as an interface between the organization's various departments.
- Ensure smooth communication and efficient transmission of information between departments to promote internal communication and decision-making.
- Set an example in the areas of safety, leadership, teamwork, customer focus and continuous improvement, to ensure compliance with the company's vision and key success indicators.
- Plan short-, medium- and long-term projects to improve operational efficiency and meet production deadlines.
- Control inventory of supplies, products and equipment and partner with purchasing to ensure smooth operations.
- Establish and/or update operating procedures and performance indicators adapted to production realities, and maintain their application.
- Assume responsibility for maintenance, safety and cleanliness of installations.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Manage unforeseen and difficult situations, as well as implementing emergency measures and ensuring their application at all times to ensure the safety of all.
Financial management :
- Propose to the General Manager an action plan and an annual investment and operating budget for the production site.
- Monitor expenditure and production costs against approved objectives and budgets.
Human resources management :
- Lead in a way that promotes their full contribution to the achievement of company objectives and their professional development.
- Communicate vision and objectives, provide feedback and circulate information to coordinators and employees.
- Supervise the work of coordinators and act as coach, advisor and trainer to help them develop their management skills according to a common management approach.
- Be involved in maintaining a good work climate, ensuring a corporate culture based on the values promoted by the organization, and fostering a high level of employee commitment.
- Manage various committees, including the health and safety committee.
- Assess manpower requirements to meet the organization's needs.
- Coordinate employee integration and training in collaboration with Human Resources.
- Set team performance objectives and evaluate results.
- Maintain and apply the collective agreement for these employees.
- University degree in a relevant field (operations management / administration or other)
- More than five years' experience in a management position in the relevant field
- Demonstrable ability to plan and manage operational processes to optimize efficiency and productivity
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions to increase productivity
- Organizational, communication and leadership skills with a proven track record of success
- Strong mobilization skills and ability to develop and maintain positive and lasting business relationships with colleagues and external partners
- Solid practical knowledge of the use of business management software (SAP) for data analysis and performance indicators