- Secteur d'activité : Aéronautique
- Type d'emploi :Temps plein
- Ville : Montréal
The Process Engineer is responsible for flexible packaging process improvements and cost reduction projects related to printing presses, extrusion lamination and coating, adhesive coating lamination, slitting, die-cutting and related technologies and equipment. Collaborate with the plant manufacturing team to implement process and product improvements, as well as cost and waste reduction projects. The Project Engineer has a major influence on process improvement projects that result in improved quality, cost control and a reduction in the overall cost of operations. Responsible for identifying areas for productivity improvement, and developing solutions to production problems that lead to savings in waste, raw materials, etc.
- Coordinate projects with all team members, informing them of project status, process defects and action plans.
- Implement and support SMED and 6S on a daily basis in the workplace.
- Propose process improvements and cost reduction projects, develop and implement project plans, train and coach teams to achieve productivity targets.
- Analyze and facilitate resolution of process problems with Process Improvement team members.
- Coordinate and help teams collaborate with suppliers to improve process materials, reduce lead times and related project costs.
- Coordinate and assist teams in collaborating with customers to improve product quality, reduce lead times, optimize service quality and reduce related project costs.
- Define and develop improved process characterization procedures.
- Contribute to the development of standard operating procedures for process and equipment operations.
- Provide advice and technical support to solve unusual problems.
- Investigate, find root causes, recommend and implement equipment modifications and upgrades, and implement process improvements using Lean problem-solving techniques.
- Work with plant teams to ensure that technical support resources are always available for production.
- Collaborate with manufacturing supervisors, production teams, quality, R&D and maintenance to solve manufacturing problems and develop corrective measures to eliminate them.
- Participate in the evaluation of projects and deviations to facilitate effective planning and necessary coverage of product development to minimize the risk of machine downtime and high waste due to development efforts in manufacturing.
- Implement and document procedures to safely increase machine productivity and reduce waste while maintaining product quality in line with customer expectations.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or related professional experience.
- 3 to 7 years experience in an appropriate manufacturing environment, preferably in the flexible packaging industry.
- Analytical and diagnostic skills.
- Project management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Highly motivated, organized and autonomous.
- General product knowledge, including desired product properties and quality standards.
- Strong time management skills to manage multiple ongoing projects in addition to day-to-day process issues.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel, Outlook, Share Point, and ability to quickly learn software required to perform job-specific tasks.
- Thorough knowledge of processes used in the manufacture and conversion of flexible packaging, in particular extrusion coating, lamination with solvent-based adhesive layer, flexographic and rotogravure printing, slitting and rewinding.
- Six Sigma green belt or black belt certification is preferred.